Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Broadway Plays

In Gwen Verdon, If you Could See me Now i thought the music fit very well to the movements on stage. The song that was being sung was about the woman getting proof of her spending the night with the man she was with to brag to her friends. This was not one of my favorites because of the way the woman was dancing.

I found the commercial for Angela Lasbury in MAME very amusing because it made me feel happy. The people that were talking about the show all had smiles on their faces while describing the show. It was interesting to see some clips of the show. I thought that the performers on stage were wearing a lot of make-up. This seems to be a common trend amongst broadway plays during this time period.



West coast cast of hair Smother Brothers was by far my favorite. The introduction was very entertaining visually. I also enjoyed the music throughout the performance. The characters also didnt have a creepy appearance compared to some of the other shows. The colors on stage were visually appealing to the eye. The only thing that seemed off to me about this one was the movements on stage. I was confused as to what they were doing.


The cast of hair on late night with David Letterman was also very good. It was the same song from the smother brothers but it was performed much better on the letterman show. I thought the main singers voice was amazing.


It was interesting to see the Charlie and The Chocolate Factory commercial compared tot the Angela Lasbury commercial because it was much newer. Its amazing how technology has changed and has the ability to make something seem more visually appealing even though they are both live performances. The technology used in this commercial in my opinion is more persuasive upon the audience than the older commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment